Tuesday 2 August 2011

Day 15 - constuctive criticsm.

It's amazing what good constructive criticism can do and how much it can help. Sometimes it hurts, but sometimes it clarifies problems that a writer might not see or might not want to admit or just might not be sure of. I joined this group: http://lovefantasywrite.deviantart.com. I mentioned it in my last entry but I thought i'd say that so far I'm enjoying it. I've already critiqued a few pieces by other people too which was fun too. i think I'm more confident about it maybe or maybe it's just easier to do it when you aren't in the same room as a person. i don't know. I remember that I hated workshopping when I took my writing class in first year uni. And yet I find that I can say helpful things in giving feedback in DA. i wonder if it's because I have more experiance at it as well. Maybe.

the feedback I got in return was particularly helpful since the chapters are older and go back as far as when I was living in Japan and perhaps before though I dont' remember for sure...but compared to how I write now my older stuff could use some extra work to bring it up to par. :D I was thrilled to get helpful feedback, and it wasn't super harsh either which was nice. Sometimes feedback is too harsh or not helpful. I was glad to get some that was just the right amount of critique and feedback on what I was doing right. This is always helpful. It's what keeps me writing.




opening word count: 2,550
closing word count: 3,450

No comments:

Post a Comment