Sunday 31 July 2011

Day 14 - new source of inspiration?

A while back I was invited to join a writing group on DeviantArt. I'm looking at it as a kind of workshopping group only online rather than a physical one. I am sure there are some where I live but hey this works too. i'm hoping it might get me writing more, thinking about my charcters more, and maybe inspiring me to focus on other projects besides Legends of Caranor. If nothing else I hope to get some decent feedback from members. And i will try to be fair and post feedback of my own as well. It isn't fair, after all, if I am getting feedback but not giving any.

The first prompt I responded to allowed me to work on a future event that happens within the story that I've been thinking about for a while. It was fun to write and will be there waiting when I get to that part. Oh it might be changed later or reworked with only the odd part being canabalised into the story proper when I get to it. Regardless I rather like this writing prompt idea. This is more than simple memes which I rarely do. It feels good to be writing properly again.


word count: 1,379

No comments:

Post a Comment