Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 8 - kind of sleepy....

So I don't think I'm going to say very much. And I want to focus my thoughts about writing on my project anyway.

opening count: 4,873

this new project has drawn me in. It's not so good only because it means I'm neglecting my main project. More and more though I've been thinking of working on simpler or less "important" projects that I care somewhat less about so that if/when i attempt to publish if they get brutally rejected i won't fall appart. XD It's something I try not to think too much about it in general though. it is better not to focus on whether or not my writing may ever get published or accepted. If i did that I'm sure I'd convince myself my writing isn't worth anything and give up. I don't want to do that though. Even if I never publish or only self publish or only post on DA or other writing sights, i do want to keep writing. Now if only I could get past the tricky problem of getting stuck/hung up on the trickier parts of my stories. I wonder if there is a book on writing or something like that, that would help me get over the hump. Ah well...that's all to say for tonight methinks.

closing count: 5,420

No comments:

Post a Comment