Friday 29 July 2011

Day 13 - inspiration/stimulation from strange quarters

It's funny the things that get one writing. I stumbled across a link to a blog called "Reasoning with Vampires" which is really just a blog to pick apart the worst of the Twilight Saga. Not very nice but fun to read regardless (though maybe not to Twilight Fans. Twifans should probably stay away). I have gotten a few chuckles from it, not so much from the nitpicking and picking apart in general of a piece of mediocre fiction that has, at least, gotten teens all over the world to read -- at least for that I have to give Ms Meyer kudos -- but from the way the blogger presents it and comments on it. She's quite clever and presents each piece in a way I often have to laugh at.

So what has this got to do with my writing...well...for whatever reason, reading this blog makes me want to write. I don't know if it's simply a desire to reassure myself that my own writing isn't so bad that she'd want to pick my writing apart or if it's some other stimulous that makes me want to get some writing done. If this is going to keep me on track though then why not read. It's a silly way to encourage me to write but whatever works right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment